Friday, June 18, 2010

List Love


Today's list love is supposed to take you back. This is in honor of my brother who is heading to Mississippi on Monday to continue his work in youth ministry. My brother and I watched a lot of movies as kids. We had our favorites, as all kids do, that we watched over and over. These are just a few of our top picks.


1. A Goofy Movie: who doesn't love Goofy?

2. Newsies: Christian Bale as a singing/dancing newsboy with an awful New York accent, classic.

3. Dennis the Menace: the one with Walter Mathou, this movie is hilarious. I still watch it.

4. The Chipmunk Adventure: the musical numbers in this movie are amazing,
chipmunks can rock it.

5. Duck Tales The Movie- Treasure of the Lost Lamp: this should be a must for every kid, it's funny, suspenseful, and full of ducks. You can't go wrong.

6. Toy Story 1&2: I cannot wait to see the third one, but the first two are just splendid.

7. The Sandlot & Rookie of the Year: these are so similar, I didn't want to take up two spaces. We freakin' loved baseball movies. These are the best of the 90's I tell ya.

8. Disney movies: it's hard for me to be specific because we watched ALL of them. We're definately a Disney family and as kids that's all we watched. Including the older real person movies like Pete's Dragon, The Apple Dumpling Gang, and Herbie the Lovebug.

9. Hocus Pocus: not limited to just Halloween, my sister and I made Tyler
watch this year round. It's just great!

10. Indiana Jones Trilogy: even as kids we knew the greatness that is Indie. We could sit and watch all three in one sitting.


There really are more, but I think 10 is enough. So, what were some movies that you
watched over and over as a kid?


Have a wonderful weekend everyone, and watch an old movie
this weekend to go back in time for a bit!

No comments: