Thursday, July 29, 2010

Home Front








I know I haven't kept to my blog schedule recently. I will come fall, though, Scout's honor. Sidenote: I used to think that "Scout's Honor" had something to do with Scout from To Kill A Mockingbird. You know how when you're a kid and you recognize a word in conversation and apply the meaning to something you already know? Was that just me? Anyway, she was my favorite book character when I was kid, and she still is. Well, the list has grown to Wilbur from Charlotte's Web, Teensy from The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Marlena from Water for Elephants, and Leo King from South of Broad to name a few. I digress...

The hubs and I are ready for a change in our house. The problem, that most people have as well, is we are on a budget. We can't buy anything too expensive like furniture. So, DIY it is!! Personally, I think paint is the cheapest way to spruce up a place without breaking the bank. We are thinking about going all white in the common areas. We already have black doors and love the look of white walls and black interior doors. I know that it sounds very Beetlejuice but with our warm Brazillian cherry hardwood floors, antique furniture, and colorful accents I think it'd look so fresh. My honey is a little concerned that white walls will look like an apartment that you can't paint, so I'm determined to add character in anyway that I can.

I'd love to keep the closed rooms (master, office, and bathrooms) painted with muted but cozy colors. I feel like the common area needs to be fresh and open, but I want the master bedroom to feel cozy and the office to feel energetic. So, I'm going to stop by the hardware store and get some ideas for colors. I can't wait, I love thinking about design and color.

I'd love to hear about your design ideas. Let me hear it! Problems, dreams, ongoing projects...

2 comments:

Stacy Scott said...

LOVE your new logo!!!

Mama Meg said...

Is this your NEW LOGO?? I really love it sweetie. Who did it for you?? MOM