Friday, May 21, 2010

List Love

Oh man, I am so excited about Fridays. I mean I've always loved Fridays. The hope of the weekend to come is just too much! I have always been "workin' for the weekend." However, I love Fridays even more now because of List Love. If you've read this blog for awhile you know that I love lists. So here is the first of many lists, some will be funny, some might be thought provoking, but mostly they'll be a blast to do. What will make this the most fun will be when y'all do your own version of whatever the list is in the comments section.

Favorite Summer Songs (in no particular order)
1. Summer Nights: Rascal Flatts (perfect summer country song)
2. Days Like This: Van Morrison (reminds me of my family)
3. When You Come Back Down: Nickel Creek (driving to the beach on 17 South)
4. God Only Knows: The Beach Boys (classic)
5. Your Love: The Outfield (reminds me of great 80's summer movies)
6. Coast of Carolina: Jimmy Buffet (Jimmy is summer)
7. Heaven: DJ Sammy Remix (from the good ole camp days)
8. Copperline: James Taylor (this song has been my summer anthem since I listened to it on the porch of a beach house as a baby)
9. All Night Long: Lionel Richie (this doesn't need an explanation)
10. Bella Luna: Jason Mraz (just a great chill song)
11. American Honey: Lady Antebellum (it's new, but describes my life growing up in the south perfectly. Also, it was written by a high school friend of ours, Cary Barlowe)
12. Trouble: Ray LaMontagne (great song, I'm not sure why this makes me think of summer)

Really, I could go on and on. This list is just a sample of songs that I'd love to hear as I'm in my beach chair with cold drink in my hand enjoying the sun!

I'd love hear about your favorite summer songs, I'm sure there will be a lot of me saying "Oh, I love that song! I should've put that on my list!"

Enjoy making your list, but let me warn you, you will get sucked into ITunes trying to find that one song and before you know it two hours have gone by and you've bought way too many songs. Sorry babe, I couldn't help myself.

No comments: