Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lists

Anyone who knows me knows that I love to make lists.  To-Do Lists, Top Five Lists, etc... So, here is another, yet informative, list.  

Things I'm Proud of:

1. I am proud that I was a virgin when I was married.  I got to experience the most intimate gift from God with a man who was also a virgin.  
2.  I am proud to be a Christ follower.  
3.  I am proud that being a Christ follower dictates my actions and decisions.  This is not a burden but a freedom.
4.  I am proud that I know every word of the movie (including songs) Little Mermaid.
5.  I am proud that I have a job that I love but that I would leave it in a heart beat to be a mother.
6.  I am proud that I have friends who aren't afraid to tell me the truth.  
7.  I am proud that my parents taught me to think for myself and that even though I'm a Christian I will not vote for the Republican presidential candidate just because he's Republican.
8.  I am proud that I cry when I think about how much I love my family. 
9.  I am proud of all the useless trivia in my head, because I'll kick your ass at Trivial Pursuit.
10.  I am proud of my taste in music (thanks Dad and Mom)
11.  I am proud to be a Daddy's Girl and proud that I'm told I'm just like my mom.
12.  I am proud to be born and raised in Raleigh and would be delighted to live here the rest of my life.
13.  I am proud that at one point in my life I owned enough scrunchies to wear a different one each day without repeating (as if) for at least a month.  
14.  I am proud that I cry during a couple of songs, including but not limited to:  Butterfly Kisses, Sinead O'Connor's Nothing Compares, In Christ Alone, Old Rugged Cross (Gran's fav), I could go on...
15.  I am proud that I do believe in a loving God and I have blind faith in Him no matter how naive or elementary some people might think that I am.  Screw society's senical view of my childlike faith and desire to be a Proverbs 31 woman.

These are some silly and some serious things that I'm proud of.  I know that I'm wrong a lot, but these are things I know I'm right about and things that I will never apologize for.  

Snooze time....

1 comment:

Kelly Via said...

Number 5 - So...does that mean you are thinking about leaving your job anytime soon?? ;)