Monday, August 18, 2008

Summer's Slipping Away

This is the last week of camp. I always get sad no matter how old I get. I have so much fun during the summer and knowing that my favorite season is coming to an end is sad. I have to wait three more seasons to feel that joy I get everytime summer rolls around. So, as a toast to the season I thought I'd write a list (I adore lists) of my favorite things about summer.

*The very begining of summer when you know what's coming is going to be a blast...
*Bold blue skies behind bright green leaves
*Salty skin and hair from an amazing day on the beach
*Floating on a boogie board in the tidal pool that forms in the late afternoon on Sunset's expansive beach
*Reading full books for fun
*Lightning bugs
*Tanned skin
*Smell of suntan lotion and sea air
*Rocking in rocking chairs with friends talking about nothing in particular
*Camp assemblies filled with dancing and just having fun
*Driving down to the beach with the windows down and the dog in the back listening to James Taylor with my hubby at the wheel
*Water (pool, ocean, lake, doesn't matter)

These are only a few of the many things that I adore about summer. Ofcourse, I am one of those people that can mourn one season ending and get pumped about the next season in the same breath. So, not to steal thunder from summer, a short list of why I love fall...

*Football (NC State to be exact)
*North Carolina State Fair (never missed a year)
*Leaves changing
*Jeans come back into my daily life
*So do my cowboy boots
*Leaving the windows open all the time...

I hope we all can think about our summers and hope that the joy never fades. But also, embrace the upcoming fall season as I'm sure it will be just as delightful as summer 2008.

Peace and Love.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Summers are great, but I think this blog needs more pictures of you and that hotty, Jeremy...