Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tasty Tuesday, late.

This is my belated Tasty Tuesday recipe. I don’t have fancy photos like Laura, but this is a great and easy meal. Also, it is perfect for weekly lunches and since I work away from home it’s a nice change from sandwiches or Lean Cuisines.

Chicken Pockets

3 Cresent Roll tubes (reduced fat), refrigerated

1 lb package of fresh chicken tenders

1 8oz package fat free cream cheese

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer sharp cheddar in a block that I shred myself)

1 tablespoon mayonnaise (optional, I just think it adds a nice flavor and I LOVE mayo)

½ red bell pepper, diced into tiny cubes

2 carrots, diced into tiny cubes

2 tablespoons fresh dill

2 tablespoons fresh parsley

Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Add chicken tenders to boiling salted water. While chicken is boiling, combine remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Once, chicken is done (about 12 minutes to be safe) remove tenders onto a cutting board. With two forks, shred all tenders. Add shredded chicken to filling mixture and stir well.

Spray foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray. Remove dough from containers and lay out on counter. Divide dough into four rectangles (per package) by pressing dough along perforated line. Apply chicken mixture to half of the rectangle and fold other side over. Press edges together with a fork to seal.

Bake at 350 for 14 minutes (adjust as you need).

This recipe made 12 pockets. Jeremy and I each had two Monday night and we’ve each had one or two for lunch this week. There are so many ways to vary this recipe and I’m excited to try a Southwestern version soon!!

2 comments:

The Rookie said...

I CANNOT wait to try this! I actually printed off the recipe at work. And three of my kids were at the printer waiting for something else...and they all wanted a copy! Soooo I sent home copies of a chicken pocket recipe with 8 year olds. Weird.

I definitely think a southwestern recipe would be yummy and also a pesto/artichoke one...what do you think? Ooooh and maybe a potatoes, peas and light curry...like a samosa. My mouth is watering. Thanks for posting :)

Kelly Via said...

Yummy!! Love this Tasty Tuesday addition to your blog! Thanks for the recipe!!