Monday, January 5, 2009

To say that Disney World is a magical place may sound like a cliche, but until you see the expressions displayed on a child's face when they drink in the wonders of Disney, you may never fully understand. I know I didn't, and I spent most of my honeymoon there. As our Christmas gift, my parents took Erin and I and the rest of our family to Orlando for about a week. It was amazing. Despite an unmeasurable number of people, the vast majority of which either never officially learned to drive or are simply incompetent, we had a great time. We introduced Luke, our oldest nephew (my brother's first son), Dominic, Luke's little brother, and Laney, Luke and Dominic's cousin, to Mickey, Minnie, their crew, as well as Shamu. I'm sure my sister has pictures of some of their reactions to the characters, sights, and rides, although in my mind, no pictures are needed as their faces will be ingrained in my mind for ages.

Thank you Mom and Dad for the trip of a lifetime, spending New Year's at Epcot was unforgettable (for an array of reasons), and being blessed as much as we are doesn't seem fair. I will remember this trip for the rest of my life, and for that I sit in great appreciation. I (we) love you.

There are many stories that I'm sure will end up on this blog, so stay tuned for more.

No comments: