Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Still Here


Hello my loyal readers (all 6 of you). I'm sorry I haven't posted. I know how annoying it is when you have a blog on your list that never updates!! I have had so many fun things going on I just haven't been able to sit and write about them!! I've had some new projects, a new small group, dates with my love, puppies that are so precious I can't stop kissing them, and serving at church. Lots of fun things, and no photos. Sorry, I'm so bad about that.

Anyway, the main reason I wanted to post was to let you in on a little bit of happy I experienced the other day. So, every fall I get really excited. Obviously, I love the change in temperature and the leaves brillant color that explodes each North Carolina fall. However, more than that I love the activities that come along with fall. NC State football (4-0 thank you very much), the State Fair (a blessed event), Halloween (Hocus Pocus, anyone?), and pumpkin patches. So, each fall I like to listen to one of my favorite albums to get me in the spirit, James Taylor's Ocotober Road. This album captures the feel of crisp air, piles of leaves, and sitting by a fire. Now the tracks take you through autumn's changes starting with September Grass, moving on with October Road, and so on.

At the end of the album, James presents us with his classic Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. Usually, I skip this song so I can preserve it for later in the season. However, the other day, it began playing and my heart skipped a beat. My belly filled with excitement and my eyes filled with tears. I just love the holidays. Jeremy makes fun of me because I start listening to Christmas music the day after Halloween. I can't help it. My childhood was always filled with the best memories from all the fall holidays. Halloween was spent in an idyllic neighborhood with kids all over the place trick-or-treating, Thanksgiving spent with family, and Christmas traditions that went on the entire month of December. I just have the warmest place in my heart for the holdiday season.

So, if you happen to get a jolly Christmas tune playing while listening to your IPod on shuffle, just sit back and enjoy and know that I'm probably listening to Kenny G or NSync's Christmas album at the exact same time!

1 comment:

Mama Meg said...

My Precious: It made me have a tear and a smile to know that you have wonderful Holiday Memories from being a child. I did my job in this world making memories for my children. I hope that your brother and sister have the same fond memories that you do; or that they mean as much to them as they do to you. I love you my precious girl and oh by the way I have seen your NEW BLOG -- A Far Cry and it is Great... Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas my "Big Girl". MOM